BitsBox Coding – Lesson 1
- Introduce concept of coding and Javascri... (read more)
This lesson is focused on helping students understand what coding/programming is and how it connects to other subjects and everyday life. The students will explore vocabulary and create and modify their first app online.
Teachers should plan to guide students through activities to address the following:
- Connect coding to job/career and innovation possibilities
- Connect error analysis, perseverance, and connection skills needed to other subjects (reading, math, writing, etc)
- Introduce Bitsbox platform, help kids create and modify their first app.
- 1) Students will sign in and create their first app “Food Fight” and explore modification of variables.
- 2) Students will make connections on coding skills and their connections to school subjects.
- error analysis