What Does It Take to be a Coder?
A Basic List of Skills Start As:
- Cause and effect connections
- A Reason to Code!
However one important skill is Error Analysis
Error analysis is a process of trying to solve a problem by determining why it exists.
Have a discussion to illustrate the example using a simple scenario:
- If a dog is barking, what are the possible reasons that it could be barking?
- What might you try to get it to stop?
Error analysis process:
- What is the proof there is a problem ( or what is happening)?
- What are the symptoms?
- What could be the cause?
- What can I try?
- Who can I get to help me if I can’t figure it out?